One item in the household that sees some of the most action is the Kitchen Sink. Its therefore not surprising that it’s potentially one of the dirtiest if left unchecked. However, with the help of some simple kitchen cleaning products we can easily keep our kitchen sink sparling clean and free from bacteria.
Here we look at the steps to clean your Kitchen Sink in no time:
- Cleaning Your Stainless Sink – Firstly you will want to get rid of all the excess debris from the sink. With an empty sink give you sink a thorough scrub with soapy and water.
- The Wash Down – Once you have given the sink a once over, its time to wash it down with a soft cloth and some warm water.
- Remove Smells – If you want to go for the natural route, you can either simply run hot water, or better still just boil some water for a hotter temperature which will help to loosen any build up in the trap and get rid of any odour causing debris that is coming back up the plughole.
- The Cleaning Mixture – To get the best results mix together ¼ of a cup of lemon juice together with a spoonful of baking soda and pour the mixture over the sink. Next let it stand for approximately ten minutes. Now wash it offer with hot water and a cloth. This is a great way to get rid of stubborn debris on your kitchen sink. You can then use a 50/50 ratio of lemon juice to help with smells from the plughole. This is simply poured down the plughole and covered for 5 – 10 minutes. You can then pour boiling hot water down the drain for maximum effectiveness.
- Polishing the sink – After cleaning with your lemon juice and baking soda mix, thoroughly dry the sink. The sprinkle flour all over the surface of the sink, and buff the sink with a circular motion, wiping any excess off with a cloth. This can produce great results for cleaning your stainless steel sink without the use of any un-natural cleaning products.
If you are looking for a more eco-friendly or cheaper alternative to cleaning your Kitchen Sink, then the above guide offers a great way to get your kitchen sink in sparkling condition in no time at all.
Getting Professional Cleaners In
If you would rather get a professional team of cleaners in to clean your kitchen sink or kitchen then get in touch with our reliable and efficient team at Johnson House Cleaners in Manchester. We offer affordable domestic cleaning in domestic cleaning services we offer in Bury, Prestwich, Whitefield, Radcliffe, Bolton, Salford, Rochdale, Middleton, Heywood and all surrounding areas, and are available 7 days a week for both cleaning work and general enquiries.