Keeping all the different germs at bay around the home is no easy task, and some say its just a constant battle. Doing an effective job can reduce the spread of colds, flu and other illnesses, and so in this article we look at some handy tips to speed clean throughout the home:
Where to Find Them
When it comes to finding the biggest culprits for germs, its best to focus on high traffic areas around the home – places where surfaces are frequently touched. This includes things like the kitchen sink, toothbrush holders, and around the toilet etc.
The Cleaning Equipment
Simple hot water and soapy is good enough to kill most germs, although you may want to go the extra mile and disinfect these most troublesome areas. If you want a simple solution, you can try a few tablespoons of bleach mixed in a gallon of water.
You can firstly clean any surface dirt or grime using soap and water, and then disinfect by applying the solution (leaving for a few minutes), and then rinsing and drying. Whenever you use bleach its always best to wear gloves, and preferably ensure that windows are open.
If you are using these types of products in the Kitchen, always ensure they are very thoroughly rinsed and dried before any food preparation takes place.
Daily Cleaning List
You can easily get round all the below I less than 30 minutes per day, which can make a huge difference to any germs around the home:
- Kitchen and Bathroom worktops, taps, handles, cutting boards. For any special surfaces always check the manufacturer’s instructions regarding cleaning chemicals
- Always clean the cloths used daily in the washing machine.
- Ensure that any spills and stains around the Kitchen are cleaned daily, to ensure bacteria do not grow.
- Empty and clean all waste bins in the Kitchen and Bathroom and sanitise.
- Clean and sanitise all the various handles, light switches etc. in the Kitchen and Bathroom
- If you have a pet, put all pet dishes through the dishwasher.
- For young children always dispose of the nappies daily, and clean and sanitise changing mats etc.
- Clean all kids toys and dummies with Milton sterlising fluid.
Weekly Cleaning List
After having carried out the above daily cleaning, we come to the items which need less frequent cleaning and sanitizing and should be done weekly:
- Kitchen Strainer in the dishwasher
- Clean all Kitchen knobs with soap and water (remove first if possible)
- Kitchen Sink, Toothbrush Holder, Basin, Bath and WC – clean and disinfect.
- Wash all bathroom towels and all bed linen on a hot wash if possible.
- Mop all floors throughout the home
- Vacuum all carpets
- Keyboards, light switches, remote controls etc. – clean and sanitise.
- Pet toys – clean and sanitise.
Should you need any help with speed cleaning in the Manchester area, make sure you get in touch with Johnson House Cleaners. We offer regular cleaning, one-off cleaning and end of tenancy cleaning in Manchester from #10 per hour.
Call today on +44(0) 161 280 7193 (Landline) or +44(0) 7583 249 703 (Angela) for cleaning enquiries or bookings.